Department of English
The Department of English started as a General subject with the inception of the College in 2012 and the faculties work tirelessly to bring education to all the students of the department, be it slow learners or non-English medium background students. The department helps the students to acquire better knowledge about English Language and Literature, enhancing their writing skills along with spoken English and inculcate moral values.
National webinar, departmental Seminar and Essay Writing Competition are organized by the department to enrich knowledge of the students and showcase their talent and creativity. Faculties are always ready to lend helping hands to the students and encourage them to explore different fields of study for their future career.
Name: Lalnghakhleli Rawite, HOD In-charge
Designation: Assistant Professor
Contact number: 9862397727
- She completed MA in English from Cotton College under Gauhati University in the year 2008 and cleared NET in the year 2008.
- Her area of specialization is Indian English Literature.
- She joined teaching profession as Assistant Professor on 05/01/2011 at Government Degree College, Dharmanagar, Tripura.
- She is presently working at Govt. Degree College, Kanchanpur since 11/03/2020
- She is HOD In-charge of Department of English.
- She has presented a paper in National Seminar.
- She has attended 2 FDP, 1 Orientation, 1 Refresher Course, 1 Short Term Course and 1 workshop.
- She is often engaged as Paper Setter and Evaluator under Tripura University UG Final Examinations.